ESL Instructors and e-Volunteers from across Canada

I am proud to introduce ESL/EAL Instructors and e-Volunteers from across Canada here, who have a great passion for teaching, learning, professional development and helping newcomers. Together we help people integrate into Canadian life easier and learn English language faster.

Ali McGillivray is a unique person who shares her positive energy with us and our learners. She lives in British Columbia and dedicates lots of her free time to volunteering with English Online. Read what she says about her experience.

Ali McGillivray LFA school photographBeing an e-tutor is a wonderful experience and I am always very excited when I receive the name of a new student. I learn so much from them. Their courage in starting over in a new country, their dedication to learning and their achievements are an inspiration. I have met so many amazing people during the two years I have been with English on Line.
I worked as a teacher librarian and a Social Studies and History teacher for 34 years. I loved the energy of high school students. Last June, however, I decided that a career change was necessary. I had received my TESOL and had started to become more involved in teaching ESL. I now teach English to adults in a college on a part time basis as well as doing private tutoring. I have worked in Seoul with Korean students on their winter school holiday and taught at a summer camp in Vancouver for international students.
I love volunteering. I have coached field hockey, read textbooks for visually impaired university students and each summer I spend lovely hours in downtown Vancouver helping tourists get the most out of the city. English on Line is a wonderful organization to be involved with as it provides its tutors with a wealth of professional development opportunities.
Hope to see some of you via Skype!

mkjErum Imran is English Online’s e-Facilitator and she’s been volunteering with us as well. She is a very talented and smart person and creates a special atmosphere in her classroom. I really love Erum’s attitude to her work and her colleagues. She is self-motivated and always ready to help. Enjoy her e-Portfolio here and watch a short video of her lesson at the Immigrant Centre in Winnipeg.

class video at ICM.mp4

Farnaz Saghafi is a very motivated and experienced teacher who is greatly interested in using technology in her classroom. She makes her lessons interesting and fun with the help of online tools and resources. She is proud to be a volunteer e-Tutor.

[embeddoc url=”https://tatiananedelko.edublogs.org/files/2015/10/Farnaz_Saghafi_visualcv_resume-15br77m.pdf” download=”none” viewer=”google”]

Alex Tilley  is a legend in Canada. When you see his smiling hats you always want to buy one.  But Alex is not only a famous hat-maker he is also an incredible person who shares his huge experience with other people. I am proud to work with him and to present his pictures and articles here. I am sure that the first rule of marketing that Alex uses will make you smile too.

[embeddoc url=”https://tatiananedelko.edublogs.org/files/2015/10/7d25e130-24cf-4e33-940f-3d8e59a2bb65-1vn3dz3.pdf” viewer=”google”]

Yvonne Marshall shared her portfolio with us and I am happy that I had a chance to co-work with Yvonne preparing a Teaching with Technology Webinar on Open Educational Resources for English Online Inc. We delivered the webinar on October 23, 24 2015.  You are more than welcome to watch the recording! Click  here to see more details

[embeddoc url=”https://tatiananedelko.edublogs.org/files/2015/10/My-portfolio-xkwgfz.pptx” viewer=”microsoft”]

nancy uniter

Nancy McLennan is a professional volunteer and she contributed lots of hours to teaching online. Follow Nancy’s blog to find more information. Her portfolio will be posted here soon.

4 thoughts on “ESL Instructors and e-Volunteers from across Canada

1. Witam Pani Iwono! Jaka mila niespodzianka – dwie Iwony w English Online 🙂 Oczekuje z niecieprliwoscia na OER webinar 23 pazdziernika. Do uslyszenia i zobaczenia.

1. Dziekuje za mila wiadomosc. Trzymajmy kcuki ze nam wszystko sie pieknie uda i ze uczestnicy beda super zadowoleni! 🙂 Thank you Tatiana for your offer of collaboration!