5 things I like about Canada

Hello everyone! Today I would like to share with you an awesome video made by one of English Online’s  e-Settlement Volunteers – Cristina and give you some new ideas what it means to live here, in this beautiful country. Cristina asked her friends about 5 things they like about Canada. Enjoy watching!

bgh

You can read Tina’s articles about the province of Manitoba on her personal blog and follow her immigration story.

17 thoughts on “5 things I like about Canada

1. Excellent! The comments make me feel really happy to be a Canadian and they will make newcomers feel good about their decision to come here! I have to agree that we have a really good life here.

1. Hello Vitaly! Thanks for joining our conversation. I live a long distance from Winnipeg and personally not a big fan of skating. But it looks like people are very active here and I am sure it attracts many visitors even if it’s minus 25 C outside. Need to check! We have free skating rinks around our place and kids really like playing hockey. It’s Canada ))

1. And here is a really informative page about Ontario, my province!

https://www.ontario.ca/page/about-ontario

From my years lived here – ever since I came to Ontario at the age of 10-years old, the things that have resonated the most with me are;

1) The Great Lakes – they’re amazing!
      2) The cities – Toronto is big, bustling and ethnically diverse!
      3) The great privilege of spending so much of my life in Canada’s capital city with two vibrant official cultures and languages (English and French) and also many international influences.
      4) The fact that Ontario is a manufacturing powerhouse!
      5) Our proximity to our key markets in the United States and our unique vantage point into the culture there.

1. I hope to visit your province one day, Yvonne! (and I even know where to stay…LOL). Still have so many places to see here, in Manitoba.

1. I never have been in Canada but I heard and watched pretty things about Manitoba. First off, here live friendly people. So much of them work like volunteers. Winnipeg has another name- Winterpeg because there are frozen in the winter. Big roads, great malls, river in the city, city parks, around lakes, free medicine, cheap houses and cars for sell and very important for me that are no wars and no pollution. There are our community. They celebrate national holidays. Can tell a lot of time about Manitoba. All this attracts me to go live in Winnipeg.